Important Update:


  COVID-19       Update Click here for links to the latest information.



Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Do you accept payments via the internet?

  • Where is the Purchasing Department located?

  • What positions are available?

  • What are the different ways I can submit an employment application?

  • How do I send my resume?

  • Can I turn in an application before the job is open?

  • How are applications assessed?

  • When will I be notified of my status in an application process?

  • How do I update the personal information on my job application if I have moved or changed phone numbers?

  • Do I have to take any tests to get a job at the City?

  • What does it mean when a filing deadline is listed as “Continuous”?

  • Can I fax an application for employment to the City?

  • If I need accommodation for the interview or testing process, how do I request one?

  • Can I apply for more than one position with the same application?

  • What is an eligibility list?

  • What are the library hours?

  • Where is the library located and how do I get there?

  • How can I get a library card?

  • Does the Library have tax forms?

  • Do you have Renter Assistance Forms?

  • Do you have wireless access?

  • Can reference librarians give me legal advice?

  • Can reference librarians give me medical advice?

  • Do you accept Credit or Debit Card payments?

  • Is there an ATM at City Hall?

  • I want to sell at the National City Swap Meet; do I need a business license?

  • I want to have a garage sale, what do I need to do?

  • How many garage sale permits am I allowed per year?

  • What is the deadline for submitting a business license application?

  • How long will it take to receive my business license?

  • I lost my business license. Can I get another copy?

  • My business has moved to a new location, what do I need to do?

  • I lost my parking ticket, what do I do?

  • Who needs to apply for a residential rental license?

  • What is considered a Residential Unit?

  • When would I contact the Planning Department?

  • What is the zoning of my property?

  • What can I build on my property?

  • I want to build a room addition. What are my setbacks?

  • Do I need a permit to build a wall or fence? What is the height limit for a fence or wall?

  • Can I have a business in my home?

  • Can I build a granny flat/second unit on my residential lot?

  • What is a Variance?

  • What is the Planning Commission?

  • What are the fees of the Planning Department?

  • If a discretionary approval, such as a Conditional Use Permit, Tentative Subdivision Map is needed, how long is the process?

  • What is the parking requirement for my business?

  • Where can I find the Assessors Parcel Number (APN) for my property?

  • Where can I find fee information for permits or services?

  • How do I determine where my property lines are?

  • Where can I get a copy of "as-built" plans of my building or property?

  • Do I need a sign permit for all signs?

  • Do I need a permit to reface my sign?

  • I would like to obtain a temporary banner permit for my business. What is the process?

  • How is redevelopment financed?

  • If a citizen should decide to sell property to the agency, who determines the selling price?

  • If a citizen should decide to sell property to the agency, who determines the selling price?

  • Can the City Attorney give me legal advice?

  • Can the City Attorney represent me in my private matter?

  • What is the difference between the City Attorney’s Office and the District Attorney’s Office?

  • Can I review or get copies of public records maintained by the City of National City?

  • I do not agree with a City department about the interpretation of a certain code requirement. Can the City Attorney help me?