Among the pages of the Housing Resources Directory you will find:
- Countywide lists of affordable housing complexes and homeless shelters.
- Information on the housing programs offered by the County of San Diego Department of Housing and Community Development
- Summaries of the housing services provided by the 18 cities within the county.
- Contact information for organizations that provide support services related to
housing, such as credit counseling or mediation services
- Local reference numbers and housing: Click here (PDF).
- 2-1-1 San Diego is a connection to community services and volunteer opportunities, also contains a database of affordable housing
- The Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) is responsible for enforcing state fair housing laws that make it illegal to discriminate because of the categories listed in the box “Who is Protected?” The law applies to landlords, real estate agents, home sellers, builders, mortgage lenders, and others. The law prohibits discrimination in all aspects of the housing business, including: Renting or leasing, Sales, Mortgage lending and insurance, Advertising, Practices such as restrictive covenants, new construction.
- Home Repairs for Veterans - San DIego Habitat for Humanity provides repairs to qualifying homeowners to help make exisiting homes owned by veterans safer, more accessible, and energy -efficient.
- Foreclosure Assistance: Need Foreclosure Prevention Counseling? If you are a homeowner needing immediate assistance, contact the Housing Opportunities Collaborative (HOC) at 1-888-995-HOPE or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The HOC can also help first time renters and people looking to enter into the world of home-ownership. The HOC has resources to help you through all of life's transitions and housing related questions.
- San Diego Housing Commission
- San Diego Housing Federation - To ensure that all San Diegans, regardless of income, have a chance at a safe, stable and affordable place to call home.
- Housing Authority of the County of San Diego
- Tenant Legal Center - Information and assistance resource for tenants (and occupants in foreclosures)
- San Diego Regional Alliance for Fair Housing (SDRAFF) - The San Diego Regional Alliance for Fair Housing is a
dedicated group of professionals working together to ensure
that all residents in San Diego County have equal access to
- To report housing discrimination contact CSA San Diego. Click here to learn more about Fair Housing.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- State of California, Department of Housing and Community Development
- On the HUD Lender List Search page select HECM or 203(k) to find lenders: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/lender/lenderlist
- HERO Program: Home Energy Renovation Opportunity (energy efficient roof )
The Regional Task Force on the Homeless (RTFH) https://www.rtfhsd.org/ is an integrated array of stakeholders committed to preventing and alleviating homelessness in San Diego. We provide essential data and insights on the issue of homelessness, informing policy and driving system design and performance.
In January 2017, RTFH formally merged with the regional Continuum of Care (CoC), a consortium of representatives tasked with strategic planning and coordination of resources to strengthen our collective impact. Leveraging the comprehensive resources of the CoC, the new RTFH has become a singular organization with a singular goal: to end homelessness in the San Diego region.