Local schools are providing meals for students during the COVID-19 related closures. Here is a compilation of what is being offered (updated as of 03-22-20, 11:50 am). Some offer lunch, some offer lunch and breakfast. Some provide other community food resources.
- National City Middle School (1701 D Ave) meal distribution for students from 11:00 am -3:00 pm
- Monday, March 23rd each child will receive 5 breakfast & 5 lunch meals.
- Tuesday, March 31st each child will receive 4 breakfast & 4 lunch meals.
- Las Palmas Elementary School (1900 E 18th St) meal distribution for students from 10:00 am -12:30 pm
- Daily distribution, Monday through Friday
- Each child will be provided a garb & go breakfast and lunch at the same time
City of National City
- 1415 D Ave
- The Senior Nutrition Center will continue to serve grab & go meals Monday through Friday between 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- 1408 E. Harding Ave
- Grab & go lunches will be available between 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- 1221 D Ave
- The San Diego Food Bank hosts a Senior Food Distribution every Fourth Thursday of the month from 9:00 am - 12:00pm for seniors 60 and over