Do your employees know how to use a fire extinguisher? No, then we can help train your employees on how to properly use a fire extinguisher. Training will give your employees confidence to be able to react quickly during an emergency, which plays a big role in protecting you and your business. Through hands-on training with fire simulations in a safe learning environment, we will train your employees on common fire extinguishers, common fire hazards, safe evacuation routes, and more. If you are interested in getting your employees trained on how to use a fire extinguisher, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (619) 336-4550.
Using a Fire Extinguisher
- Dial 9-1-1 and be sure you have an escape route that the fire will not spread to.
- Stand with your back to the exit and at least six to eight feet away from the fire.
- Leave the area if the fire does not begin to go out immediately.
- Remember PASS when you use an extinguisher:
- Pull the pin that unlocks the lever that allows you to discharge the extinguisher.
- Aim the extinguisher nozzle or hose at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever above the handle to discharge the extinguishing chemicals. Release the lever to stop the discharge.
- Sweep from side to side moving carefully toward the fire while keeping the extinguisher aimed at the base of the fire and sweeping back and forth until the flames are out. Repeat the process if the fire re-ignites.