Do you want to see what it is like to be a firefighter? Often, residents wish it were possible for them to be at the scene of fire incidents to see exactly how the incident is handled. Others considering a career in firefighting and wish a preview of what such a career might be like. Well, we can make it possible for you to “Ride-Along” with us. Here is what you need to do before going on a “Ride-Along”:
- Sign a Release of Liability form (Parent/Guardian must sign if participant is under 18 years of age)
- Select dates at least ten days prior to a ride-along date
- Prepare to stay a minimum of 2 hours, but end by 5:00 p.m.
- Wear clothes that are clean and in good condition (No shorts or short skirts allowed)
- Don’t drink any type of alcoholic beverage just prior to the ride-along
- Bring your own drinks, snacks and lunch
- Cameras or tape recorders are not allowed
- Prepare to listen to all instructions provided by authorities
- Submit documents for a criminal background check
If you are interested in taking a fire station tour, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (619) 336-4550.