Local schools are providing meals for students during the COVID-19 related closures. Here is a compilation of what is being offered (updated as of 04-30-20, 5:40 pm). Some offer lunch, some offer lunch and breakfast. Some provide other community food resources.
- Granger Jr. High (2101 Granger Ave) meal distribution for students from 11:00 am -1:00 pm
- Sweetwater High (2900 Higland Ave) meal distribution for students from 11:00 am -1:00 pm
- Distribution will include seven (7) breakfasts and seven (7) lunches for a total of fourteen (14) meals distributed to any student, 2 to 18 years old. Students do not need to be present to receive a lunch. Parents will be asked to confirm that they have a child at home.
- May 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th
- El Toyon Elementary (200 E. Division St)meal distribution for students from 10:00 am -12:30 pm
- Las Palmas Elementary School (1900 E 18th St) meal distribution for students from 10:00 am -12:30 pm
- Daily distribution, Monday through Friday
- Each child will be provided a garb & go breakfast and lunch at the same time
City of National City
- 1415 D Ave
- The Senior Nutrition Center will continue to serve grab & go meals Monday through Friday between 11:00 am -12:30 pm
- 1408 E. Harding Ave
- Grab & go lunches will be available between 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- 1221 D Ave
- The San Diego Food Bank hosts a Senior Food Distribution every Fourth Thursday of the month from 9:00 am - 12:00pm for seniors 60 and over
- Food Distribution Collaboration- National City, Catholic Charities, San Ysidro Health & local organizations
- St. Anthony of Padua Church Padua, 410 W 18th St.
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Please note the time change. The event is now from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Pre-registration is required and can be done online by visiting https://ccdsd.org/efdn or over the phone
- by calling 619-323-2841 and pressing option 2 to request food.