Welcome to Purchasing
Purchasing Division Hours
Monday – Thursday
7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday – Closed
Please call ahead for Warehouse Service.
Welcome to the homepage of the City’s Purchasing Division. Our office is located at 1243 National City Blvd within the Finance Department.
The City operates it's Purchasing Division, which consists of a Buyer, a Purchasing Clerk and a part-time Warehouse Stock Clerk.
We support other City departments to ensure that they get the goods and services they need to do their jobs. We strive to buy what they need, when they need it, at the best price possible.
The Purchasing Division is responsible for:
- Procurement of supplies, equipment and certain services for all City departments
- Central Stores warehouse
- Central receiving
- Delivering merchandise to City departments
- Disposal of surplus City property, vehicles and unclaimed personal property
- Arranging outbound shipments for various departments
- DMV work for City vehicles
- Managing online bids & vendor registration system
- Participation in cooperative purchasing groups
- Membership in the California Association of Public Purchasing Officers (CAPPO)
For more information, visit our other pages:
Office: 1243 National City Blvd., National City, CA 91950
(Located within the Finance Department.)
Warehouse: 2100 Hoover Ave, National City, CA 91950
Phone (619) 336-4570
Fax (619) 336-4597