All dogs more than four (4) months old:
- Required by State and Municipal law to be licensed.
- Validly licensed in another jurisdiction but remains within the city limits of City of National City for more than 30 days must be licensed by City of National City.
- Rabies vaccination that is valid for the term of the dog license.
- A license can be obtained for a period of one to three (1-3) years depending on the pet's vaccination records.
- Limit of three (3) dog license per household.
Purchasing a Dog License
I. In Person
- Purchase from the City of National City, Finance Department.
- Provide copy of dog's rabies vaccination certificate good for the term of the license.
|National City Finance Department||City Office Hours are:|
|1243 National City Boulevard||Monday - Thursday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|National City, CA 91950-4301||Closed weekends and holidays|
II. By Mail
- Download and complete the dog license form
- Mail complete form with your payment
- Have check/money order made payable to National City Finance Department
- Enclosed copy of dog's rabies vaccination certificate good for the term of the license.
- Dog license fee schedules (click on link) for one-three (1-3) years.
- Replacement tag, $15
- $10 penalty fee (if more than 30 days delinquent)
The National City Police Department's Animal Control Division provide additional information on rabies clinics, spaying and neutering, and animal shelters.
Finance Department (619)336-4330
Animal Control (619)336-4478