Welcome to the Engineering Division
Engineering Counter Services Hours
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: City Offices Closed
Phone: (619) 336-4380
The City of National City Engineering Division is responsible for:
- Planning, design, and construction of the City’s Capital Improvement Program
- Administration of underground and assessment districts
- Acquisition and disposal of real estate
- Processing parcel and tract maps
- Providing traffic engineering services (Transportation, Traffic Operations, and Safety)
- Storm Water Quality Control
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Educate, Implement, Enforce
- Reviewing and administering private development plans/projects
- Review and issue permits for new construction
- Check and review construction documents
- Provide inspection of all on-going construction within the City
- Approve parcel and subdivision maps
- Providing staff support to City committees as required, including the City Council, Traffic Safety Committee, and the Planning Commission
The Engineering Division is composed of five divisions:
- Management & Administration
- Capital Improvement Projects (CIP)
- Permits, Plan Check, & Inspections
- Storm Water
FIX A LEAK WEEK- Press Release (PDF)
Fix a Leak Week Rebates Available for Sweetwater Authority Customers
In honor of Fix a Leak Week, Sweetwater Authority (Authority) is offering rebates of up to $75 for leak repairs made in March 2017. For an application and additional information on how to apply for the rebate please visit: www.sweetwater.org/fixaleak.
SUSTAINABLE LANDSCAPING CLASSES- REGISTER FOR FREE!
The San Diego County Water Authority has partnered with the City of San Diego, the County of San Diego, the Surfrider Foundation, California American Water and the Association of Compost Producers to offer a variety of free classes that will empower homeowners to take action to upgrade their existing water-intensive landscapes to sustainability standards.
TO REGISTER AND FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CLASSES, CLICK HERE.
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG! - www.digalert.org