Due to the COVID-19 crisis, effective March 18, 2020 City Hall is closed for public walk-in access until further notice.
The Engineering Division is accepting engineering plans via email. Plans must be in PDF format and can not exceed 10 MB in size. Please submit your plans to email@example.com. Please bear with us as we work to further improve our electronic plan submittal process.
Engineering inspections can still be scheduled by calling (619) 336-4380.
The health and well-being of National City residents, visitors, and employees during the COVID-19 outbreak remains our top priority. The City of National City is coordinating with the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency/Public Health Services Department and other agencies to take measures to monitor and reduce the spread of COVID-19. The World Health Organization has declared the outbreak a global pandemic.
Be aware that this protocol is subject to change as more information is received and new regulations are implemented.
The City of National City would like to thank everyone for their cooperation. For questions, please contact the Engineering Division at (619) 336-4380 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday: City Offices Closed
The City of National City Engineering Division is responsible for:
- Planning, design, and construction of the City’s Capital Improvement Program
- Administration of underground and assessment districts
- Acquisition and disposal of real estate
- Processing parcel and tract maps
- Providing traffic engineering services (Transportation, Traffic Operations, and Safety)
- Storm Water Quality Control
- Reviewing and administering private development plans/projects
- Review and issue permits for new construction
- Providing staff support to City committees as required, including the City Council, Traffic Safety Committee, and the Planning Commission
The Engineering Division is composed of five divisions:
- Management & Administration
- Capital Improvement Projects (CIP)
- Permits, Plan Check, & Inspections
- Storm Water
FIX A LEAK WEEK- Press Release (PDF)
Fix a Leak Week Rebates Available for Sweetwater Authority Customers
In honor of Fix a Leak Week, Sweetwater Authority (Authority) is offering rebates of up to $75 for leak repairs made in March 2017. For an application and additional information on how to apply for the rebate please visit: www.sweetwater.org/fixaleak.
SUSTAINABLE LANDSCAPING CLASSES- REGISTER FOR FREE!
The San Diego County Water Authority has partnered with the City of San Diego, the County of San Diego, the Surfrider Foundation, California American Water and the Association of Compost Producers to offer a variety of free classes that will empower homeowners to take action to upgrade their existing water-intensive landscapes to sustainability standards.
TO REGISTER AND FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CLASSES, CLICK HERE.
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG! - www.digalert.org