Dial 911 for All Emergencies
For any police, fire, or medical emergency requiring the immediate assistance, dial 911. If you are using a pay phone, no coin is required. Simply wait for the dial tone and dial 911.
911 is an emergency number ONLY! For non-emergency calls for the National City Police Department dial (619) 336-4400; for the National City Fire Department, dial (619) 336-4550.
How to use 911
- Listen for a dial tone, and then dial 911.
- When you reach the dispatcher, give the location you are calling from and describe the emergency.
- Stay calm and remain on the telephone until directed otherwise. To avoid delays, do not hang up and redial because your call will be answered in the order it was received.
Please remember... 911 is an emergency number and should not be used for non-emergency purposes. Abuse of 911 may delay emergency assistance.
Below are helpful documents on various topics:
- Learn About Fire (PDF)
- Bedroom Fire Safety (PDF)
- Fire Escape Planning (PDF)
- Fireplace and Home Fire Safety (PDF)
- Earthquake Fire Safety (PDF)
- Electrical Fire Safety (PDF)
- Hi-Rise Fire Safety (PDF)
- Holiday Fire Safety (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Fire Safety (PDF)
- Carbon Monoxide (PDF)
- Portable Generator Hazards (PDF)
- Child Safety Checklist (PDF)