The City Council of the City of National City is currently accepting applications from National City residents interested in being appointed to fill an unexpired term on the City Council. Interested applicants must be registered to vote in the City of National City at the time of appointment.
The City Council has specified that the following procedure is to be followed by applicants interested in filling a vacancy on the City Council for a term ending December 2020.
1. All applicants are asked to provide the following:
- A completed application form
- A resume
- A Statement of Economic Interest, Form 700
- Nomination papers with signatures of no less than 20 registered voters
2. All required paperwork is to be submitted to the City Clerk no later than the close of business on January 22, 2019.
3. The City Council will hold applicant interviews on January 29, 2019 in the City Council Chamber, 1243 National City Blvd., at 6:00 p.m., at which time it may act to fill the vacancy or take some other action as deemed appropriate.
Application materials are available at the City Clerk’s Office located at 1243 National City Blvd., and may be picked up Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Completed applications must be submitted to the City Clerk no later than 6 p.m. on January 22, 2019.
1243 National City Boulevard
National City, CA. 91950-4301
City Clerk: Mike Dalla